3 Hours A Day Keep Boring at Bay

So after my first day as a mustached woman, I discovered a few very interesting things:

1.) Breathing through your nose causes the adhesive to wear away from your sweating upper lip (them things are warm!!!).

2.) You can only be brave enough for a certain period of time because,

3.) People are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable when you do something strange. After walking through campus, sitting in class and getting food at the Grill, I realized that people would notice the mustache and then purposefully look away. They didn't want to see it because it was weird. Of the hundred or so people who saw me today, I got two "Like your mustache"-es, one "Why are you wearing a mustache?" and one three-minute-long stare.

My point was to see how people could or could not take me seriously, but instead I uncovered a truth about our society: we do not want to see what we don't want/expect.

Therefore because of discomfort and lack of extra glue, I am only going to wear my appointed flavor-saver for three hours a day, beginning when I leave my room. Tomorrow's soup-catcher is entitled, "The Square."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dulcinea's Eyes

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com