A first

I tore the first page out of the tiny orange New Testament Bible that the Evangelicals pass out on street corners. Full of dew and age, it's sat in the pocket of my Volvo door for years. The first page described the truth and worth of The Word of God. I ripped it in half and used it to roll for the first time.

"It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is restored. Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed."

It said on the inside, covered by my first shredded buds. How befitting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
Take a look at my weblog - Smart Circle Night Club New York

Post a Comment

Dulcinea's Eyes

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com