Steampunk Mara Jade

Yeah, went on a bit of an insanity trip today. Sitting at my computer an hour before my Victorian Characters class, thinking, "Should I read the book that I'm really far behind in? Or should I start sketching this costume?" I, with shagrin, must confess that I chose the latter... and then took the sketch to class and kept drawing. Yeah yeah yeah... I didn't pay a lot of attention, but in my defense I had nothing to say as I hadn't read the material for the day... admittedly because I sketched instead of reading. An infinite cycle.

ANYWAY I'll stop rambling and get back to the point. The lovely, time-consuming, distracting sketch that I sketched was my inspired idea of a steampunk Mara Jade costume.

I had been thinking of making a Mara Jade costume to wear to Celebration V, and to enter the 501st Legion, but had never put the plan in motion. But in my imaginings of the costume, I collected a lot of image research that I pulled from for this design.

Well, long and short, here's the design and a few bits and bobs that will appear somewhere in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dulcinea's Eyes

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com