Miracles do happen

I pulled off a minor miracle tonight. The run-through was at 5:30, and the performance was at 7. Everything that could go wrong with sound, went wrong. And while we were dealing with sound, I missed the light cues. God was sticking his damn big thumb in the light socket or something just to get a giggle. But thankfully at showtime, everything went perfectly.
The sound cues were perfect, the lighting was perfect, the actors were flawless, everyone was thrilled and surprised by the quality... Perfect. And then at the party afterwards, Wendy sang my praises to all the important people, and Linda introduced me as the "All-Purpose Intern." I felt celebrated, and rightly so. I'm mostly proud of myself because I didn't cry, even under all of the stress and the pressure from all the actors and especially Wendy. I didn't cry. So at the party I drank champagne, ate lamb chops and biscuit/steak/horseradish things that were delicious, and got Chilmark Chocolates in the Hutker Architecture Associates (the people we were doing this for/with) Goody Bags. :D All around, a remarkable evening.
It is incredibly prophetic, that old saying - and I never believed it was true until tonight - "Bad dress, Good run."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dulcinea's Eyes

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com